The new Museum of Mathematics opens in Manhattan
On Saturday morning, Glen Whitney of St. James expects to feel like Willy Wonka on the day the fictional candy-maker opened the doors of his chocolate factory for the first time to a group of gobsmacked children in "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory."
Whitney is scheduled to throw open the doors to his long-awaited Museum of Mathematics in Manhattan, welcoming children to be just as astonished by more than 30 interactive exhibits over two floors at 11 E. 26th St. in midtown.
The target age for the museum is fourth through eighth grades, though the exhibits have more advanced explanations for older visitors. School classes can also take field trips to the museum; interested teachers should write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are five of the exhibits visitors will experience on a visit to the museum. --Beth Whitehouse
- | View all
Be the first to rate:Click to rate
More in Photos
- Snow hits LI
- Britney Spears
- Olympic torch relay
- Quiz: Are you a Billy Joel superfan?
- LI Holiday Benefit Pageant
- LI notable deaths
- Billy Joel now and then
- 2013 Kennedy Center honorees
- New York City parties
- This week's hot celebrity photos
- Gingerbread house contest
- Meet Long Island's pageant queens
- Snow, ice, freezing temps hit U.S.
- Celebrities at Knicks games
- Miley twerks on Santa, Jingle Ball LA's must-see moments
- Top 10 buzz-worthy new, improved shops of 2013 Top 10 fashion moments (and trends) of 2013
- C. Wonder, 98 new stores on LI Holiday gifts for the home
- Your pets dressed for the holidays Holiday gifts that give back
- LI pets pose with Santa Smithtown pets for adoption
- Ski travel deals Visit Antwerp
- Great travel gear and gadgets Help find these lost LI pets
- Graffiti art in New York City 15 ways to wear orchid, the color of 2014
- Holiday gifts for grandparents and elderly parents Celeriac, other good foodie buys
- Holiday events in NYC NYC holiday window displays
- Holiday cookie recipes Your pet photos
- A country-style dining room makeover Big Sur
- Barbecue pitmasters in NYC Thanksgiving Leftover Challenge