Long Island Marathon: Top runners' favorite shoes
Whether you're a marathon runner or just starting out, wearing the right sneakers is key before you hit the track.
We asked some of the best runners from the 2010 to 2012 Long Island Marathons for their top running shoe recommendations.
Dan and Shaun McGrath, speedy brothers from Lynbrook who are both past winners, said they prefer something lightweight but with enough support to run serious distances. Lindsey Block of Huntington's feet felt free as she finished before every other woman in 2012 in her non-constricting Brooks Green Silence shoes.
Check out their recommendations and the picks of other men and women who have been among the first to cross the finish line.
-- Nina Ruggiero
- | View all
User rating:(1) Click to rate
More in Pets
- 30 insanely cute pet photos
- Your pet photos
- Celebrities and dogs -- and celebrity dogs
- 10 most pet-friendly U.S. cities for travelers
- Animals on the loose on LI, in NY
- Animals around the world
- X-Team: Spring Dog Weekend at Old Westbury Gardens
- Lyric Culture T-Shirts for dogs
- Louie the hero dog
- Baby animals
- Dog swallows 111 pennies
- Iditarod 2013
- Cat stars of the Internet
- 2013 Westminster dog show
- LI dogs competing at Westminster
- Lost LI cat returns home 3 years later
- Dogs catch Super Bowl fever
- AKC's top 20 dog breeds
- Puppy Bowl and Kitty Halftime Show
- Presidential pets
- Top 10 beaches of 2013 30 insanely cute pet photos
- Good buys for foodies 25 Memorial Day weekend sales
- 18 grilling and barbecue recipes New Jersey Shore
- What They're Wearing: Tango Lovers of Black and White Party Free movies in NYC!
- Project Prom through the years Your pet photos
- The Grow Anywhere truck visits Brentwood Maternity style: Celeb tips for moms-to-be
- New placemat designs Summer swimwear trends for the whole family
- 18 tasty, healthy vegetarian recipes 5 Memorial Day weekend getaways
- Summer style: What's hot at Ooh La La boutiques 16 flavorful poultry recipes
- Kate Spade, 75 other new stores on LI What They're Wearing: UJA Spring Event
- Travel photographs from around the world Amtrak's Coast Starlight
- Celebrities and dogs -- and celebrity dogs Contemporary Furniture Fair highlights