For the true cat lover, every day is National Cat Day. But today it's official, so give your favorite feline friend a little extra love today. The people at nationalcatday.com have some ideas to make this a day you and your cat will never forget.
1. Shop for your cat. Buy a fun new toy, bed, treats or condo to show your buddy just how much you care.
2. Bake some special treats. Share a snack with your cat: Bake cat-shaped cookies for you and your human friends and tuna cookies for your cat friend.StoryHave the most purrfect Thursday of your life with #UberKITTENSSee alsoBest holiday gifts of 2016
3. Give your cat a soothing massage. If there was ever a day to totally spoil your furry pal, this is it.
4. Make sure your cat has identification. If your cat doesn't have them already, buy a collar and tag with your name and number, just in case he or she happens to get out.
5. Help out your fellow cat lovers. If you have an elderly, sick or busy neighbor, offer to assist by playing with his or her pets or cleaning their litter boxes.
6. Donate to animal welfare organizations. Blankets, food and toys are always appreciated.
7. Volunteer at your local animal shelter. Give some love to the adoptable felines in need in your neighboorhood. You can offer to play with some of the cats available for adoption, clean cages or litter boxes, brush them or do anything else that the shelter might need help with.
8. Adopt a cat from a local shelter or rescue group. For the aspiring cat owner -- or the cat lover who wants to add to her brood -- you can save a life today and every day by adopting.