BRIOCHE FRENCH TOAST WITH WARM MAPLE SYRUP AND BLUEBERRIES
3 large eggs
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups half-and-half
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
6 (1-inch) slices brioche or challah
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups blueberries
3/4 cup maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Place a heatproof platter in oven. Whisk together eggs, sugar, half-and-half and vanilla in a large bowl.
2. Place brioche slices in a shallow baking dish and pour egg mixture over bread. Let stand 2 minutes, turn, and let stand another 2 minutes.
3. While bread is soaking, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add 3 slices of soaked bread and cook, turning once, until golden on both sides. Transfer to platter in oven. Repeat with remaining butter and bread.
4. While toast is cooking, combine blueberries and maple syrup in a medium pot. Cook over medium-low, stirring occasionally, until syrup is warmed through.
5. Arrange French toast on serving plates, top with blueberries and syrup, and serve.
Makes 3 to 4 servings.