Makes 4 servings.
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
2 cups coarsely chopped kale
6 large eggs
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
Ground black pepper
1. Move an oven rack to the top position and heat the broiler.
2. Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add onion and pepper and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add kale and cook, stirring, until wilted, 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Lightly beat eggs, goat cheese, salt and pepper in a medium-size bowl.
4. Add egg mixture to pan and stir to distribute vegetables evenly. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until almost set but still loose on top, 8 to 10 minutes, occasionally sliding a thin metal spatula under eggs to loosen.
5. Place pan directly under broiler and cook until top is browned and set, 1 to 2 minutes. Slide onto platter. Let cool slightly, cut into wedges and serve warm or let cool to room temperature before cutting and serving.