This dip is delicious unbaked. Crabmeat and cooked chopped spinach may be stirred into either version.
2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Mince the artichokes in a food processor; add the mayonnaise, sour cream and Parmesan cheese.
2. If desired, coat a small baking dish with cooking spray, fill with dip and bake in a preheated, 350-degree oven 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Makes 12 to 16 servings.
BLACK BEAN-CHIPOTLE DIP
This will take about 15 minutes to make and may be made a day ahead.
1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion
1/2 cup cilantro
1 tablespoon (or to taste) minced chipotle in adobo sauce
2 (15.5-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed, divided
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1. Chop onion and cilantro together in food processor to 1/8-inch pieces; add chipotle, and mince.
2. Add half the beans, the olive oil, lime juice, cumin and oregano, and pulse the machine to thoroughly combine.
3. Transfer the beans to the bowl; stir in the remaining whole beans and mash lightly with a fork, if desired. Makes 12 to 14 servings.
BAKED ONION DIP
1 tablespoon canola oil
4 cups chopped onion
1 teaspoon sugar
4 ounces Neufchâtel
cheese (low-fat cream cheese)
1/3 cup light mayonnaise
1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan, divided
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 1-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Heat canola oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium high. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until somewhat softened, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar, reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft and deeply golden, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. Combine the Neufchâtel, mayonnaise, sour cream, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl; stir in the onions and transfer to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
4. Bake until mixture is golden on top and bubbling, about 20 minutes. Serve warm. Makes about 12 servings.