Bloomingdale's preps for prom
Prom is on its way, and Bloomingdale's at Roosevelt Field mall in Garden City is bursting with dresses from popular brands such as BCBGMAXAZRIA, Nicole Miller, Aqua and more.
"Look for color or prints, a dress that shows off your shoulders, and try silhouettes that are nipped at the waist," says Stephanie Solomon, Bloomingdales' celebrity fashion director. "At the moment a dress with 50s flair looks current. The most important part is to feel confident and have fun."
Long Island high school students gathered at the store Saturday for a prom fashion show to try out the latest styles and hair and makeup looks.
More in Long Island
- LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs Long Island and New York City's top photos
- Ward Melville vs. West Islip LI notable deaths
- Dropping LBs: LIers before and after weight-loss stories 79 celebrities remember life on Long Island
- LI car accidents Long Beach vs. Wantagh
- Recent LI fires Celeb spotting at Tribeca Film Fest
- This week's Class AA baseball team rankings 50 years ago, NY World's Fair predicted today
- LI Easter egg hunts 2014 Animals on the loose on LI, in NY
- Long Island's best tattoos Way to Go kids
- Long Island rich cribs Places we loved on Long Island
- Extreme Easter bonnets on Long Island, NYC Smithtown East vs. Port Washington
- 41 signs you're from Suffolk 100 things every kid should do on LI
- 40 LIers spill on their favorite beers Pets waiting for adoption on LI