Bloomingdale's preps for prom
Prom is on its way, and Bloomingdale's at Roosevelt Field mall in Garden City is bursting with dresses from popular brands such as BCBGMAXAZRIA, Nicole Miller, Aqua and more.
"Look for color or prints, a dress that shows off your shoulders, and try silhouettes that are nipped at the waist," says Stephanie Solomon, Bloomingdales' celebrity fashion director. "At the moment a dress with 50s flair looks current. The most important part is to feel confident and have fun."
Long Island high school students gathered at the store Saturday for a prom fashion show to try out the latest styles and hair and makeup looks.
More in Long Island
- 10 sales to hit this weekend
- 101 new stores on LI
- LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs
- LI car accidents
- Prom fashion through the years
- Long Island and New York City's top photos
- Recent LI mug shots
- Go green: Eco-friendly fashion and beauty
- This week's Class AA baseball team rankings
- Long Island on 'The Ultimate Fighter'
- Buried on Long Island
- Suffolk Boys Basketball Awards Dinner
- Suffolks Wrestling Awards Dinner
- Nassau Wrestling Coaches Awards Dinner
- Tribeca Film Festival 101 new stores on LI
- LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs LI car accidents
- Long Island and New York City's top photos Recent LI mug shots
- This week's Class AA baseball team rankings Long Island on 'The Ultimate Fighter'
- Buried on Long Island Suffolk Boys Basketball Awards Dinner
- Suffolks Wrestling Awards Dinner Nassau Wrestling Coaches Awards Dinner
- LI notable deaths Mourners pay respects to fallen NYPD officer
- Extreme Easter bonnets on Long Island, NYC Long Island rich cribs
- Way to Go kids Civilians learn police technique
- Coney Island rebuilds, reopens after 17 months Run or Dye 5K in Uniondale
- LI Easter egg hunts 2014 Guess who: LI celebrity yearbook photos
- Animal abuse cases on Long Island Pets waiting for adoption on LI