A 20-year-old Hempstead Village woman was “playing with” a loaded handgun when she shot two men, killing one, according to prosecutors and court papers.

Laquasia Calloway was arraigned at First District Court in Hempstead on Saturday on charges of criminally negligent homicide and weapon possession in the double shooting that killed Damien Pinckney, 37, and injured another man, 19, who took a bullet to the arm, authorities said.

Calloway, of Baldwin Road, was ordered held on $20,000 bond or $10,000 cash bail. She faces up to 15 years in prison if convicted on the weapon possession charge, the top count, prosecutors said. Calloway did not enter a plea Saturday and was not required to.

Authorities said both victims were shot in Pinckney’s home on Lawson Street about 4:10 a.m. Thursday. Pinckney was hit in the chest once with a 9mm round and was pronounced dead about two hours later at Winthrop-University Hospital in Mineola. The other man, whom police did not name, was treated and released.

“Laquasia Calloway, while playing with a loaded handgun capable of firing a 9mm round, did pull the trigger and fire one round into the chest of . . . [Pinckney] without making any reasonable attempt to determine whether the weapon was loaded or unloaded,” police wrote in a criminal complaint filed Saturday.

Authorities did not release any other details about the shooting. Calloway was represented by a Legal Aid attorney, who did not speak to reporters. She was being held at Nassau County jail late Saturday.

advertisement | advertise on newsday

Dozens of Calloway’s friends and family members packed the courtroom for her arraignment, some of them gasping when prosecutors mentioned the potential 15-year prison sentence.

“She shouldn’t have to go away that long . . . she didn’t shoot anybody on purpose,” Calloway’s friend, Dierdre Simpson, 18, said after the court appearance.

LaTroy Washington, 22, a friend of both Calloway and Pinckney, stood near a makeshift memorial outside Pinckney’s home later in the day, grieving for the dead gunshot victim.

“One shot killed him because of where it hit,” Washington said of Pinckney. “He was gone before I even got to the hospital.”

Attempts to reach her family later Saturday at home were unsuccessful.

Calloway’s next scheduled court date is Tuesday.

CORRECTION: A previous version of this story misstated the charge that carries a sentence of up to 15 years in prison.