Jurors convicted a Springs man Wednesday of second-degree attempted murder in connection with an attack on the defendant’s former girlfriend nearly six years ago, Suffolk officials said.

The conviction of Sabas Martinez, 47, comes after another jury reached a partial verdict last year in connection with other charges in the case. That jury convicted him of second-degree assault, criminal possession of a weapon and endangering the welfare of a child, according to Suffolk District Attorney Thomas Spota.

That jury also acquitted him on two felonies — assault and burglary.

The 2015 panel deadlocked on the attempted murder charge. The verdict returned Wednesday found Martinez guilty of attempted murder.

Prosecutors alleged in the recent trial that Martinez beat, stabbed and then shot Noemi Sanchez with an air rifle in her East Hampton home on Feb. 13, 2011. Sanchez is the mother of the couple’s three daughters. She recovered from her wounds after surgery.

Jurors began deliberating Monday and returned a verdict Wednesday afternoon, officials said. Suffolk County Court Judge Timothy Mazzei is scheduled to sentence Martinez on Dec. 16.

advertisement | advertise on newsday

Martinez’s attorney could not be reached for comment.

CORRECTION: A previous version of this story misstated when Martinez was convicted of certain charges against him.