A Uniondale man arrested twice in six months this year was sentenced Monday to 3 years in prison for drug sales and attempted reckless endangerment, the Nassau district attorney’s office said.

Ramel Myriee, 38, had pleaded guilty Nov. 9 to two felonies, fifth-degree criminal sale of a controlled substance and first-degree attempted reckless endangerment. He was arrested in February on a dozen driving and vehicle-related charges, then indicted on more charges, including two burglary counts that were later dismissed.

In July, he was swept up with nine other men in a federal and local sting against what authorities called “significant” players in gang, drug and gun activity in the Hempstead Village area; it came after a yearlong investigation by the FBI’s Long Island Gang Task force, which is made up of federal agents, Nassau and Hempstead police detectives and others, officials said.

Acting State Supreme Court Justice Helene Gugerty handed Myriee 3 years on the drug sale case and 6 months to 3 years on the other case, terms that will run concurrently, prosecutors said. He was also given 2 years of post-release supervision, authorities said.

Myriee has been in prison twice, including for attempted murder, criminal use of firearms, reckless endangerment and attempted criminal sale of a controlled substance, according to state prison records.

His attorney, Robert Schalk of Mineola, said his client had been facing “substantial” time in state prison — up to 15 years just on the drug charge.

advertisement | advertise on newsday

“We are very happy with the outcome of the case,” Schalk said.

But Myriee has always denied he is a gang member, the attorney said: “If he was a violent person dealing with guns and drugs, why is it he would end up with three years?”

Myriee’s arrest in July came after a year-long investigation led by the FBI’s Long Island Gang Task Force, which is made up of federal agents, Nassau and Hempstead police detectives, and others.

“Illegal narcotics are a scourge on our communities and I thank our local and federal partners for helping us bring this defendant to justice,” acting District Attorney Madeline Singas said.