Top runners' favorite shoes
Whether you're a marathon runner or just starting out, wearing the right sneakers is key before you hit the track.
We asked some of the best runners from the 2010 to 2012 Long Island Marathons for their top running shoe recommendations.
Dan and Shaun McGrath, speedy brothers from Lynbrook who are both past winners, said they prefer something lightweight but with enough support to run serious distances. Lindsey Block of Huntington's feet felt free as she finished before every other woman in 2012 in her non-constricting Brooks Green Silence shoes.
Check out their recommendations and the picks of other men and women who have been among the first to cross the finish line.
-- Nina Ruggiero
More in Long Island
- 10 sales to hit this weekend
- 101 new stores on LI
- LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs
- LI car accidents
- Prom fashion through the years
- Long Island and New York City's top photos
- Recent LI mug shots
- Go green: Eco-friendly fashion and beauty
- This week's Class AA baseball team rankings
- Long Island on 'The Ultimate Fighter'
- Buried on Long Island
- Suffolk Boys Basketball Awards Dinner
- Suffolks Wrestling Awards Dinner
- Nassau Wrestling Coaches Awards Dinner
- Tribeca Film Festival 101 new stores on LI
- LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs LI car accidents
- Long Island and New York City's top photos Recent LI mug shots
- This week's Class AA baseball team rankings Long Island on 'The Ultimate Fighter'
- Buried on Long Island Suffolk Boys Basketball Awards Dinner
- Suffolks Wrestling Awards Dinner Nassau Wrestling Coaches Awards Dinner
- LI notable deaths Mourners pay respects to fallen NYPD officer
- Extreme Easter bonnets on Long Island, NYC Long Island rich cribs
- Way to Go kids Civilians learn police technique
- Coney Island rebuilds, reopens after 17 months Run or Dye 5K in Uniondale
- LI Easter egg hunts 2014 Guess who: LI celebrity yearbook photos
- Animal abuse cases on Long Island Pets waiting for adoption on LI