Fashion picks to brighten April showers
This season, designers and retailers are offering up smart, stylish, lively rainy day fashion that explodes with color and pattern.
Michelle Smith, the designer and founder of Milly, is among those who have put a fun spin on rainwear. "I wanted to add some humor and wit to the classic rain trench this season, so I made it transparent," says Smith. "Rainy days are universally rather depressing, so my hope is that this coat will make you a little more excited to get out of bed and get dressed in the morning."
Rain, rain, go away? Not so much this season.
More in Long Island
- LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs
- LI car accidents
- Prom fashion through the years
- Long Island and New York City's top photos
- Recent LI mug shots
- Go green: Eco-friendly fashion and beauty
- This week's Class AA baseball team rankings
- Long Island on 'The Ultimate Fighter'
- Buried on Long Island
- Suffolk Boys Basketball Awards Dinner
- Suffolks Wrestling Awards Dinner
- Nassau Wrestling Coaches Awards Dinner
- LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs LI car accidents
- Long Island and New York City's top photos Recent LI mug shots
- This week's Class AA baseball team rankings Long Island on 'The Ultimate Fighter'
- Buried on Long Island Suffolk Boys Basketball Awards Dinner
- Suffolks Wrestling Awards Dinner Nassau Wrestling Coaches Awards Dinner
- LI notable deaths Mourners pay respects to fallen NYPD officer
- 101 new stores on LI Extreme Easter bonnets on Long Island, NYC
- Long Island rich cribs Way to Go kids
- Civilians learn police technique Coney Island rebuilds, reopens after 17 months
- Run or Dye 5K in Uniondale LI Easter egg hunts 2014
- Guess who: LI celebrity yearbook photos Animal abuse cases on Long Island
- Pets waiting for adoption on LI Places we loved on Long Island