Jones Beach bike trail
Bicyclists seeking a short, scenic ride will find sun, scenery and plenty of company along the Jones Beach bike path. Shared with pedestrians, runners, and skaters, the path runs five miles along the southern end of Wantagh State Parkway from Cedar Creek Park in Seaford to the east side of Jones Beach State Park's East Bathhouse. This summer, thanks to $1.3 million in improvements, a recently paved, landscaped .7-mile extension keeps you pedaling past familiar beach icons all the way to the boardwalk.
More in Long Island
- Tribeca Film Festival Luminaries remember life on Long Island
- LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs LI car accidents
- Manhasset vs. Notre Dame (Md.) Horseless eCarriage at NY Auto Show
- New York City parties 101 new stores on LI
- Long Island and New York City's top photos Recent LI mug shots
- This week's Class AA baseball team rankings Long Island on 'The Ultimate Fighter'
- Buried on Long Island Suffolk Boys Basketball Awards Dinner
- Suffolks Wrestling Awards Dinner Nassau Wrestling Coaches Awards Dinner
- LI notable deaths Mourners pay respects to fallen NYPD officer
- Extreme Easter bonnets on Long Island, NYC Long Island rich cribs
- Way to Go kids Civilians learn police technique
- Coney Island rebuilds, reopens after 17 months Run or Dye 5K in Uniondale