Frances Reder, born Feb. 27, 1913, in Manhattan, is one of nine children. She wed Louie Reder, now deceased, and had three daughters -- Gale (now deceased), Rosemary and Ann. Frances moved to East Meadow in 1950. She helped start the East Meadow Kiwanis Club and helped found the Mercy League of Mercy Hospital. In the early 1960s, she worked in the family business, Reder's Surplus. After moving to Westbury in 1964, she began working for the Nassau County court system, retiring after 30 years. She was a member of St. Brigid's Rosary Society and the Carmelites and was a Eucharist Minister. In her 90s, she volunteered at Westbury Neighborhood House. She lives at Bristal Assisted Living in Westbury, where she celebrated at a party with family.