Top runners' favorite shoes
Whether you're a marathon runner or just starting out, wearing the right sneakers is key before you hit the track.
We asked some of the best runners from the 2010 to 2012 Long Island Marathons for their top running shoe recommendations.
Dan and Shaun McGrath, speedy brothers from Lynbrook who are both past winners, said they prefer something lightweight but with enough support to run serious distances. Lindsey Block of Huntington's feet felt free as she finished before every other woman in 2012 in her non-constricting Brooks Green Silence shoes.
Check out their recommendations and the picks of other men and women who have been among the first to cross the finish line.
-- Nina Ruggiero
- | View all
User rating:(1) Click to rate
More in Long Island
- LI notable deaths
- Quartermoon is rescued from pool
- LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs
- Erik Callender's reptiles
- Snow falls across LI
- 98 new stores on LI
- Students create recycled-trash artwork
- Hewlett HS seniors win Siemens Competition
- Long Island and New York City's top photos
- Yaphank church gutted by fire
- LI Holiday Benefit Pageant
- Your holiday light displays
- LI notable deaths Gracie Mansion
- Quartermoon is rescued from pool Who's ringing stock exchanges' bells?
- LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs Erik Callender's reptiles
- Snow falls across LI Students create recycled-trash artwork
- Hewlett HS seniors win Siemens Competition Long Island and New York City's top photos
- Snow hits LI: 2013 Yaphank church gutted by fire
- LI Holiday Benefit Pageant Billy Joel now and then
- New York City parties Gingerbread house contest
- Meet Long Island's pageant queens Places we loved on Long Island
- Pearl Harbor anniversary remembered on Long Island LI pets pose with Santa
- Recent polar bear plunges in Suffolk Most expensive homes for sale on Long Island
- Smithtown pets for adoption Brentwood vs. Amityville