Ten store clerks were arrested Wednesday, on charges of selling alcohol to minors, during a police crackdown on underage alcohol sales in Nassau known as "Project 21."
Police said that during the crackdown, an underage operative was sent into the stores to purchase the alcohol. All of those arrested face charges of prohibited sale of an alcoholic beverage and unlawful dealing with a child, police said. Police said all were released on appearance tickets and are scheduled for arraignment Dec. 27 in First District Court in Hempstead.
* Belarminio Almonte, 37, of 208 Grant Ave., Brooklyn, arrested at Los Pinos Deli, 1316 Hempstead Tpke., Elmont;
* Malgorzata Flasinski, 46, of 1077 Robin Rd., Franklin Square, arrested at Elmont Wine and Liquor, 645 Hempstead Tpke., Elmont;
* Mohammed M. Hossain, 44, 16836 88th Ave., Jamaica, at OK Petroleum, 151 Hempstead Ave., West Hempstead;
* Shamila Khadoo, 40, 143-40 110th Ave., Jamaica, arrested at Valley Stream Discount Beverage Store, 855 W. Merrick Rd., Valley Stream;
* Vipulkumar R. Patel, 34, of 79-16 Main St., Flushing, arrested at Valley Deli & Grocery, 1019 Elmont Rd., North Valley Stream;
* Muhammed Kamran, 24, of 118-37 Metropolitan Ave., Kew Gardens, arrested at the Shell gas station on 237-12 Linden Blvd., Elmont.