Two suspects in a December robbery of a restaurant delivery man were arrested after investigators got key breaks -- a wallet dropped by a suspect where he had beaten his victim and a treasure trove of surveillance video around the crime scene, Glen Cove police said Tuesday.

Lewis Linares, 23, and Jabbar McBride, 18, both of Glen Cove, have been charged with first-degree robbery in the Dec. 3 hold up of a Chinese restaurant delivery man, who had been summoned to an unoccupied house on Burns Avenue, police said.

Linares had punched the victim several times in the face, knocking him to the ground, police said, while McBride threatened him with what appeared to be a gun before stealing $100 to $200. The victim told police he would go to the hospital on his own, police said.

Investigators found a wallet outside the house and in it was Linares' driver's license, police said.

"You'd think he probably wouldn't bring his wallet with him, right?" Det. Lt. John Nagle said. "You can't make this stuff up."

McBride, who was wanted on a probation violation, was identified through video from several public housing buildings in the area, police said.

advertisement | advertise on newsday

The video recordings show the two men walking before the crime and McBride "practicing," Nagle said. "He's kind of holding the gun out like he would do in a shooting stance."

Last week, the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force looked for McBride in several Nassau communities, but it was futile, police said. They were unable to track him by cellphone and unable to nab him at a Uniondale apartment where they believed he was staying with a friend, Nagle said.

Acting on a tip Thursday, Nagle visited a Glen Cove apartment building, where he spotted McBride in the parking lot and arrested him, the detective said.

McBride, of 59 Cedar Swamp Rd., was arraigned Friday and also charged with second-degree robbery in another January case. He was held without bail.

Then Tuesday, the fugitive task force stopped at Linares' former apartment, and shortly after that, he showed up with his mother at the police department to surrender, Nagle said.

Linares, who has been staying with various Glen Cove friends, was held for arraignment Wednesday.