Four firefighters suffered minor injuries while battling a fire in a multistory home in Port Washington on Saturday night, authorities said.
The blaze was reported around 6 p.m. at 133 Reid Ave., in a residential neighborhood, Port Washington police said. It was placed under control by 8:15 p.m., Port Washington firefighters said.
The home was "fully involved" at one point, firefighters said, and five additional fire departments responded. The cause of the fire was not immediately known.
At one point, the Long Island Power Authority turned off power for about 10 customers in the area as a precaution, a LIPA spokesman said.
You also may be interested in:
More coverageDems ask SEC to probe whether town broke law LI hospitals to share $17.2M in funding
Two Nassau County hospitals will share a portion of $17.2 million in funding for theCops: Overdose victim saved by medical crew
A Nassau County police ambulance AMT crew saved the life of a 27-year-old overdose victim