The final defendant convicted in connection with a 2011 North Bellmore home invasion that involved a wild police chase was sentenced to 25 years in upstate prison on Wednesday, the Nassau district attorney's office said in a news release.

Gustavo Arroyo, 35, of Brooklyn was convicted by a jury in September of several charges, including multiple counts of robbery, burglary, criminal possession of a weapon, assault and resisting arrest, among other convictions. He was sentenced on Wednesday by Judge Alan L. Honorof.

"This is the final sentence in the case of a terrifying home invasion that's every homeowner's nightmare," said Nassau County District Attorney Kathleen Rice in a statement, adding that Arroyo received the maximum sentence for his part in the home invasion.

About 8:30 a.m. on Sept. 19, 2011, Arroyo, Eduardo Cruz and Carlos Segura got out of a car being driven by Dario Guerrero and approached the home of the Sumra family in North Bellmore. Cruz entered through the unlocked front door and began beating a woman, identified by news reports at the time as Shabnam Sumra, then signaled to Arroyo and Segura to enter the house, where they gagged and bound members of the family.

Segura, armed with a gun, and Cruz and Arroyo, both armed with knives, tied up three of the residents and searched for money. A fourth person, who the district attorney's office said lived in the basement, was also tied up, and his cellphone and $350 were stolen.

Newsday reported at the time that $6,850 and two cellphones were taken during the home invasion.

advertisement | advertise on newsday

While the robbery was underway, Haris Sumra, who had been out, returned home to find his parents tied up as robbers fled the house, and he ran for help. The suspects, all from Brooklyn, left in a white Ford Crown Victoria with tinted windows being driven by Guerrero.

The home invasion and subsequent search for the four suspects led to lockdowns at 27 schools, a gun battle near one school and chases using helicopters and police dogs, according to Newsday reports at the time. All four men were eventually arrested and charged. Cruz was sentenced to 25 years in prison, Segura to 15 years, and Guerrero to 11/4 to 4 years.