A gas leak Sunday morning caused nearly a dozen people at the rehabilitation center at North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset to receive medical attention, Nassau County police said.

The leak at the medical center, an affiliate of Northwell Health, was being resolved, a North Shore public safety official said. At least 10 people were treated for symptoms of gas exposure, such as dizziness and nausea, police said.

advertisement | advertise on newsday

The incident began about 8 a.m. and the facility was back to being fully operational by roughly 10:45 a.m.

Members of the Manhasset-Lakeville Fire Department and Nassau police responded, officials said.