Fashion tips: Look fab after 40
Long Island native Lois Joy Johnson, 63, gives wardrobe tips for women over 40 in her new book, "The Wardrobe Wakeup: Your Guide to Looking Fabulous at Any Age" (Running Press, $23).
The book has scores of tips for women on how to look good as their lives -- and bodies -- shift (and, yes, sometimes sag). Instead of models, she's got photos of 18 friends and colleagues of a certain age who've all "survived trends, fads, weight changes, husbands, jobs, grown-up kids and life's little lemons with wit and style," she declares.
Here, Lois-approved pieces for a new you.
More in Long Island
- LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs LI car accidents
- Manhasset vs. Notre Dame (Md.) Horseless eCarriage at NY Auto Show
- New York City parties Tribeca Film Festival
- 101 new stores on LI Long Island and New York City's top photos
- Recent LI mug shots This week's Class AA baseball team rankings
- Long Island on 'The Ultimate Fighter' Buried on Long Island
- Suffolk Boys Basketball Awards Dinner Suffolks Wrestling Awards Dinner
- Nassau Wrestling Coaches Awards Dinner LI notable deaths
- Mourners pay respects to fallen NYPD officer Extreme Easter bonnets on Long Island, NYC
- Long Island rich cribs Way to Go kids
- Civilians learn police technique Coney Island rebuilds, reopens after 17 months
- Run or Dye 5K in Uniondale LI Easter egg hunts 2014