Top 12 Long Island nightlife stories of 2012
Despite a a tragic pause that shut down bars and clubs for a while after superstorm Sandy, for the most part, 2012 was the year Long Island just wanted to have fun. Thanks to new spots, new music and some offbeat creativity, that merry mission was absolutely accomplished.
Here are a dozen of the biggest trends and happenings of the past 12 months, proving that through thick and thin Long Island is -- and always will be -- a premier place to party. --Ian J. Stark
More in Long Island
- LI car accidents Dropping LBs: LIers before and after weight-loss stories
- 42 signs you're from Nassau Tribeca Film Festival
- 78 luminaries remember life on Long Island LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs
- Manhasset vs. Notre Dame (Md.) Horseless eCarriage at NY Auto Show
- New York City parties 101 new stores on LI
- Long Island and New York City's top photos Recent LI mug shots
- This week's Class AA baseball team rankings Long Island on 'The Ultimate Fighter'
- Buried on Long Island Suffolk Boys Basketball Awards Dinner
- Suffolks Wrestling Awards Dinner Nassau Wrestling Coaches Awards Dinner
- LI notable deaths Mourners pay respects to fallen NYPD officer
- Extreme Easter bonnets on Long Island, NYC Long Island rich cribs
- Way to Go kids