Nassau County health officials said Wednesday that the Swan Club in Roslyn will be closed for at least two days as their department investigates reports that more than 100 people becoming ill at the venue over the weekend.

Carolyn McCummings, a spokeswoman for the county’s Board of Health, said the temporary closing is a precaution that will allow the event center and banquet hall, at 90 Glenwood Rd., to be cleansed of possible pathogens that may have sickened dozens of patrons.

It may take at least two days to “sanitize and disinfect,” she said, adding that the venue could possibly reopen by the weekend.

Owner Bobby Sidana said the hall has purged its food inventory of all but cans and bottles and was being cleaned from top to bottom, from walls to five rinse cycles for dishes.

The health department is testing staff for norovirus, which is highly contagious, he said, and the facilities of the club’s food purveyors also were being checked.

“We are being proactive,” Sidana said.

He suspects the norovirus because two children who were sick attended a Friday party and one of their parents called Wednesday to say the entire family fell sick. Their doctor blamed the norovirus, Sidana said.

advertisement | advertise on newsday

Also, some guests called Wednesday to say friends, who never went to the Swan Club, contracted the virus, the owner said.

Sidana, who was waiting for a cleaning crew late Wednesday night, said the purge and cleaning will cost six figures. “We’d rather take the loss and have public safety because we want to stay here,” he said.

With Gary Dymski