Two firefighters suffered smoke inhalation fighting a Valley Stream house fire Wednesday morning, police said.

A Rockville Centre firefighter collapsed at the scene and was treated at a nearby hospital and later released. A Valley Stream firefighter was treated at the scene and released, officials said.

advertisement | advertise on newsday

A female resident of the two-family house on North Central Avenue smelled smoke at about 6:20 a.m. and called 911, police said.

Fourth Precinct officers arrived to find the house "fully engulfed in flames," police said.

The Valley Stream Fire Department responded to extinguish the fire, assisted by Rockville Centre, Cedarhurst, Lawrence, Malverne, Inwood and Elmont.

The blaze was deemed an accidental electrical fire that started in the basement, said James Hickman, a supervisor for the Fire Investigations Division of the Nassau fire marshal's office.

advertisement | advertise on newsday

The displaced families were assisted by the American Red Cross.