+-
The Old Field Point Lighthouse was built in (Credit: Erin Geismar)

The Old Field Point Lighthouse was built in 1823 and the tower was rebuilt in 1868. After it was decommissioned, it was given to the Village of Old Field in 1935 for use as Village Hall. (Feb. 7, 2011)

Old Field Lighthouse

With sweeping views of the Long Island Sound and the Port Jefferson Harbor, the lighthouse was given to the Village of Old Field in 1935 and has been used as village hall ever since.

The keeper's cottage at the Old Field Point
(Credit: Photo by Erin Geismar)

The keeper's cottage at the Old Field Point Lighthouse, also built in 1823, has since had a new entranceway added to the building. (Feb. 7, 2011)

The Old Field Point Lighthouse and keeper's cottage
(Credit: Photo by Erin Geismar)

The Old Field Point Lighthouse and keeper's cottage were originally built in 1823, and the lighthouse tower was rebuilt in 1868. After it was decomissioned, the lighthouse was given to the Village of Old Field in 1935 to serve as village hall. (Feb. 7, 2011)

The Old Field Point Lighthouse was originally built
(Credit: Photo by Erin Geismar)

The Old Field Point Lighthouse was originally built in 1823 and the tower was rebuilt in 1868. After it was decomissioned, the lighthouse was given to the Village of Old Field in 1935 to serve as village hall. (Feb. 7, 2011)

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISE HERE
A view of the Long Island Sound from
(Credit: Photo by Erin Geismar)

A view of the Long Island Sound from a window at Old Field Village Hall, which is inside the Old Field Point Lighthouse. (Feb. 7, 2011)

The oil house that sits next to the
(Credit: Photo by Erin Geismar)

The oil house that sits next to the Old Field Point Lighthouse was also built in 1823. (Feb. 7, 2011)

A kitchen in the Old Field lighthouse building,
(Credit: Photo by Erin Geismar)

A kitchen in the Old Field lighthouse building, which has been home to former lighthouse keepers and village constables. The lighthouse building now serves as Old Field Village Hall. (Feb. 7, 2011)

The Old Field Point Lighthouse was built in
(Credit: Erin Geismar)

The Old Field Point Lighthouse was built in 1823 and the tower was rebuilt in 1868. After it was decommissioned, it was given to the Village of Old Field in 1935 for use as Village Hall. (Feb. 7, 2011)

Old Field Village Clerk Dale Salzberg works at
(Credit: Erin Geismar)

Old Field Village Clerk Dale Salzberg works at her desk inside the Old Field Point Lighthouse, which serves as Village Hall. (Feb. 7, 2011)

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISE HERE
Old Field Village Treasurer Andrea Brosnan and Clerk
(Credit: Erin Geismar)

Old Field Village Treasurer Andrea Brosnan and Clerk Dale Salzberg stand outside the Old Field Point Lighthouse, which serves as Village Hall. (Feb. 7, 2011)

The Old Field Village Constable's desk is at
(Credit: Photo by Erin Geismar)

The Old Field Village Constable's desk is at the entrance to the Old Field Point Lighthouse. (Feb. 7, 2011)

The Old Field Point Lighthouse was built in
(Credit: Erin Geismar)

The Old Field Point Lighthouse was built in 1823 and the tower was rebuilt in 1868. After it was decommissioned, it was given to the Village of Old Field in 1935 for use as Village Hall. (Feb. 7, 2011)

Get The 1600 newsletter

Our inside look at the race to the White House.

Comments

Newsday.com now uses Facebook for our comment boards. Please read our guidelines and connect your Facebook account to comment.