News, views and commentary on Long Island, state and national politics.
Tidbits from the latest public posting of Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo’s schedules, running through August:
- The governor had a 5 p.m. conference call with Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino on Aug. 15, the day before the latter announced he would withdraw his opposition to Cuomo’s proposal for a new Tappan Zee Bridge.
- The governor met numerous times with special counsel Linda Lacewell in July, shortly before a newspaper story that she pulled dozens of folders from the State Archives - after the outlet had requested to view Cuomo’s attorney general archives. Cuomo officials have said the removed materials were sent erroneously to the archives in the first place. In most instances, no subject is listed for the meeting with Lacewell, so it could be for a variety of things.
- Cuomo met with Robert DeNiro at a Manhattan studio known as the Sound Lounge on June 15, shortly before he unveiled new “NY Open for Business” commercials narrated by the actor.
- He met with Assemb. Keith Wright (D-Manhattan) on May 7, two weeks before installing Wright as co-chair of the state Democratic committee.
- He met more than once with the board of the New York Racing Association before announcing, on May 22, a temporary state takeover of the horse-racing entity.