This week marks six months until the highly anticipated Nassau County executive election and Democratic candidate Thomas Suozzi has outlined six tasks that his campaign must accomplish before it can turn out the vote.
To win in November, according to a news release issued by the campaign on Tuesday, Suozzi must:
* Open field offices across Nassau County
*Build up his volunteer base;
* Reintroduce himself to voters across the county;
* Introduce himself to new Nassau voters;
* Present his vision for the future of Nassau County;
* Communicate the failings of current GOP County Executive Edward Mangano, who narrowly defeated Suozzi in 2009.
“Each one of these tasks is essential to our victory, and each one is costly,” Suozzi campaign manager Danny Kazin wrote in the email message.
The campaign said it needs $36,000 for a down payment on its first local field office and is asking supporters for a $60 contribution from at least 600 people.
Suozzi, a two-term county executive from 2001-2009, is being challenged for the Democratic nomination by East Hills businessman Adam Haber.