9 arrested at sobriety checkpoint in Suffolk
Nine people were arrested and one vehicle was seized during an overnight sobriety checkpoint in Huntington Station, police said.
The sobriety checkpoint was set up on Route 110 from 11:10 p.m. Friday to 3 a.m. Saturday. Suffolk County Highway Patrol and Second Precinct officers, assisted by New York State Troopers, Suffolk County Park Police and Metropolitan Transportation Authority police conducted the checkpoint.
A total of 527 vehicles went through the checkpoint. The following people were charged with driving while intoxicated:
· Kimberly Mulloy, 30, of 98 Westwood Rd. N., Massapequa Park
· Judy Breden, 49, of 74 Spruce St., Hicksville
· Samantha Benkovsky, 25, of 12 Wilderness Rd., St. James
· Shannon Ferguson, 29, of 1 Roberts Place, Melville
· Taylor Freidman, 22, of 70 Mulford Ave., Huntington Station
· Danielle Muller, 41, of 10 St. Claire St., Deer Park
· Paul Martinolich, 37, of 3280 Sunrise Hwy., Wantagh
The following people were charged with driving while ability impaired by drugs:
· Bettmarie Lopez Hernandez, 22, of 457 Lincoln Blvd., Hauppauge
· Marc Korsunsky, 23, of 7902 19th Ave., Brooklyn
All are scheduled to be arraigned Saturday at First District Court in Central Islip.