Choose another community:
Remembering Sandy, preparing for Joaquin
Storm preparations kicked into gear along the South Shore as homeowners, businesses and officials responded
The Village of Lindenhurst was founded by Thomas and Abbey Wellwood in 1870. The town had been known as Wellwood until that year, when it was renamed Breslau after the hometown of its German settlers. The village was renamed again as Lindenhurst in 1891 and became an incorporated village in 1923. newsday.com/lindenhurst Sign up for community newsletters.
advertisement | advertise on newsday