Top runners' favorite shoes
Whether you're a marathon runner or just starting out, wearing the right sneakers is key before you hit the track.
We asked some of the best runners from the 2010 to 2012 Long Island Marathons for their top running shoe recommendations.
Dan and Shaun McGrath, speedy brothers from Lynbrook who are both past winners, said they prefer something lightweight but with enough support to run serious distances. Lindsey Block of Huntington's feet felt free as she finished before every other woman in 2012 in her non-constricting Brooks Green Silence shoes.
Check out their recommendations and the picks of other men and women who have been among the first to cross the finish line.
-- Nina Ruggiero
More in Long Island
- Who's ringing stock exchanges' bells? LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs
- Long Island and New York City's top photos Ward Melville vs. West Islip
- LI notable deaths Dropping LBs: LIers before and after weight-loss stories
- 79 celebrities remember life on Long Island LI car accidents
- Long Beach vs. Wantagh Recent LI fires
- Celeb spotting at Tribeca Film Fest This week's Class AA baseball team rankings
- 50 years ago, NY World's Fair predicted today LI Easter egg hunts 2014
- Animals on the loose on LI, in NY Long Island's best tattoos
- Way to Go kids Long Island rich cribs
- Places we loved on Long Island Extreme Easter bonnets on Long Island, NYC
- Smithtown East vs. Port Washington 41 signs you're from Suffolk
- 100 things every kid should do on LI 40 LIers spill on their favorite beers