Cops: Electrical issue probed in Brentwood fire
A fire, believed to have been started as the result of an electrical problem, caused "significant damage" to a home in Brentwood late Tuesday, Suffolk County police said.
The house on Grand Boulevard was occupied when the fire broke out at about 10:30 p.m. All of the occupants managed to exit the home safely.
Police said no one was injured in the blaze, which arson investigators reported was "apparently electrical" and "does not appear suspicious."
Volunteers from the Brentwood, Central Islip and Bay Shore fire departments handled the call and extinguished the blaze, according to police.
No other details were immediately available.