A father and son who police said kidnapped a Coram man at gunpoint Sunday and forced him to drive them around for nearly two hours were arraigned Monday on kidnapping and other related charges.

The victim, Goseph Ibrahim, 24, escaped unharmed after his captors -- whom Suffolk police identified as Sheldon Davis, 40, and son Latif Davis, 22, both of Flores Lane in Coram -- went into a bodega and left him alone in the car, police said. Ibrahim called 911.

During yesterday's brief arraignments in First District Court in Central Islip, Suffolk prosecutors did not say whether the Davises, who had not known Ibrahim, demanded a ransom.

Both men pleaded not guilty at separate arraignments. Each was charged with second-degree kidnapping and second-degree menacing.

Latif Davis was also charged with two counts of second-degree criminal possession of a weapon and criminal possession of a controlled substance. Records show police found a .380-caliber Sig Sauer pistol and a .357-caliber handgun -- and crack -- in his possession.

Sheldon Davis was held on $250,000 cash bail or $500,000 bond; his son on $500,000 bail.

advertisement | advertise on newsday

The ordeal for Ibrahim began about 4 p.m. Sunday, police said, when the Davises abducted him as he was getting into his car on Wilson Avenue in Middle Island.

Ibrahim said he did not start the car right away, which would have locked the doors, and that allowed the son to jump in the front seat and the father in the back.

The father stuck what Ibrahim believed to be a gun wrapped in a sock against the back of his head, threatening to shoot him the entire time if he didn't take them where they wanted to go, Ibrahim said.

The two men were drunk, asked him for cigarettes and money, and continued to drink in the car.

"They offered me a shot," he recounted. "I said I was not in the mood."

Ibrahim told police the men forced him to drive to what the father said was his house, where he picked up a package covered by leaves under a tree.

Then they just drove around Gordon Heights before going to a McDonald's drive-through, leaving without burgers because no one had money, the victim said.

After that, they went to a gas station and then the Dominican Star Bodega on Middle Country Road in Coram, where Ibrahim told them it was going to be their last stop.

They asked him, "What do you mean?" and the father said he still needed to go to Brooklyn, Ibrahim recounted.

"I was tired of driving around," Ibrahim said. "I was afraid, but I was getting so frustrated."

advertisement | advertise on newsday

Police said the abductors went into bodega, leaving Ibrahim alone in the car, and he drove off.

Sixth Precinct officers Ramses Cerdas and Steven Dagostino arrested Sheldon Davis outside the bodega, his son inside the store.