Firefighters respond to Ridge condo blaze

advertisement | advertise on newsday

A fire that broke out Thursday in a Ridge condominium complex has been deemed accidental, Suffolk County's arson/bomb squad said.

Firefighters from at least five departments battled a blaze at Leisure Village, a 55-and-over community at 258 Newcastle Ct., with one man injured, a police spokeswoman said.

The fire was reported at 9:33 a.m., she said, and an arson/bomb squad investigation determined that it started in a stove in one of the condo units and was accidental.

She had no details about the fire, other than the man's injury was smoke inhalation.

advertisement | advertise on newsday

He was taken to John T. Mather Memorial Hospital in Port Jefferson, she said.

A phone call to the Ridge Fire Department was not immediately returned.

Fire officials said volunteers from Middle Island, Rocky Point, Wading River and crews from Manorville ambulance also responded.

The best of Newsday everyday in your inbox. Get the Newsday Now newsletter!

Comments

Newsday.com now uses Facebook for our comment boards. Please read our guidelines and connect your Facebook account to comment.

You also may be interested in: