Fashion picks to brighten April showers
This season, designers and retailers are offering up smart, stylish, lively rainy day fashion that explodes with color and pattern.
Michelle Smith, the designer and founder of Milly, is among those who have put a fun spin on rainwear. "I wanted to add some humor and wit to the classic rain trench this season, so I made it transparent," says Smith. "Rainy days are universally rather depressing, so my hope is that this coat will make you a little more excited to get out of bed and get dressed in the morning."
Rain, rain, go away? Not so much this season.
More in Long Island
- Long Island and New York City's top photos LI car accidents
- Long Beach vs. Wantagh Recent LI fires
- Celeb spotting at Tribeca Film Fest LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs
- This week's Class AA baseball team rankings 50 years ago, NY World's Fair predicted today
- LI notable deaths LI Easter egg hunts 2014
- Animals on the loose on LI, in NY Long Island's best tattoos
- Way to Go kids Long Island rich cribs
- Places we loved on Long Island Extreme Easter bonnets on Long Island, NYC
- Smithtown East vs. Port Washington 41 signs you're from Suffolk
- 100 things every kid should do on LI 40 LIers spill on their favorite beers
- Pets waiting for adoption on LI Dropping LBs: LIers before and after weight-loss stories
- 42 signs you're from Nassau 78 luminaries remember life on Long Island