All residents were able to escape, without injury, from a fire that badly damaged a home in Copiague on Monday night, police said.

Suffolk police said the cause of the fire was not immediately known. Citing fire officials, News 12 Long Island reported that the fire was caused by an unattended hookah pipe.

advertisement | advertise on newsday

The fire at the home on Verrazano Avenue was reported in a 911 call at 7:18 p.m., police said.

Firefighters from Copiague and North Lindenhurst battled the blaze in subfreezing temperatures.