A carbon monoxide scare led to the evacuation of a hotel late Thursday night in Holtsville, police and fire officials said.
Officials said there were no reported injuries.
Suffolk County police said the incident at the Ramada Plaza-Long Island MacArthur Airport was reported at 11:25 p.m. and that "high levels" of carbon monoxide were reported in some areas of the hotel.
Firefighters from the Holtsville and Farmingville fire departments responded to the scene, where guests and employees were evacuated to the parking lot, officials said.
The building was vented, officials said, and the leak was contained. Police and fire officials said the cause of the leak is under investigation and did not release additional details.
A possible source being examined is a heating-air conditioning system.
People were allowed to return to the building after about two hours, officials said.