Ten Suffolk County motorists were arrested between Friday night and Saturday morning at a sobriety checkpoint in Port Jefferson Station, county police said.
The checkpoint, operated by Suffolk police, New York state troopers and Metropolitan Transportation Authority police officers, was conducted between 11 p.m. Friday and 3 a.m. Saturday at the intersection of Route 25A and Route 112.
Suffolk police said the operation was conducted to prevent drinking-and-driving injuries during the holiday season. A total of 632 vehicles went through the checkpoint.
Among those facing a charge of driving while intoxicated are:
* Michael Palazzo, 49, of Woodhull Avenue in Port Jefferson Station;
* Ali Nazir, 29, of Gannet Drive in Commack;
* Edward Drapala, 23, of Wedgewood Drive in Hauppauge;
* Hanorah Gholam, 22, of Xenia Court in Mount Sinai.
Among those facing a charge of aggravated driving while intoxicated are:
* Efrain Cruz, 34, of Clinton Street in Port Jefferson;
* Adam Dziadowicz, 29, of Lexington Avenue in West Babylon;
Among those facing a charge of driving while ability impaired by alcohol are:
* Michael Varley, 22, of Wells Lane in Stony Brook;
* Nicholas Suesser, 21, of Woodville Road in Shoreham.
Each of the 10 defendants will be arraigned Saturday at First District Court in Central Islip.