Thirteen people were arrested on drunken-driving charges at a Huntington Station sobriety checkpoint Friday night through Saturday morning, Suffolk County police announced.
A total of 662 vehicles went through the police checkpoint, which was on the southbound lanes of Route 110 near Church Street.
The measure was aimed at preventing injuries and fatalities associated with driving while intoxicated, police said.
The following people were charged with driving while intoxicated:
* Timothy Deegan, 43, of 10 Warrenton Ct., Huntington
* Juan Crespin, 35, of 63 Tower St., Huntington Station
* Cecelia Symes, 41, of 23 Elgin Rd., Amity Harbor
* Justina Kabala, 20, of 3125 Tibbett Ave., Bronx
* George LaFlare, 30, of 215 S. 14th St., Lindenhurst
* Patricia Cahill, 67, of 75 Boulevard Ave., Greenlawn
* Carlos Miranda, 31, of 118 E. Third St., Huntington Station
* Marc Brenner, 55, of 10 Wood Ave., Greenlawn
* Kyle Seliger, 21, of 26 Village Way, Smithtown
* David Guardado, 28, of 18 E, 19th St., Huntington Station
* Anthony Long, 24, of 12 Homewood Lane, Dix Hills
In addition, Barry Tuma, 48, of 723 Keith Lane, West Islip, was arrested on a charge of driving while ability impaired by the combined influence of drugs and alcohol. Tuma was also charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance and unlawful possession of marijuana as a result of a detection by a Suffolk County canine drug detection dog.
The individuals are scheduled to be arraigned Saturday in First District Court in Central Islip.