Upload Photo
Steven Nelson, 55, of Copiague, seen in this
Caption

Steven Nelson, 55, of Copiague, seen in this photo from LinkedIn, died Saturday, Feb. 22, 2014, after passing out from carbon monoxide fumes in the basement of Legal Sea Foods in the Shops at Walt Whitman mall in Huntington Station. (Credit: LinkedIn)

1 of 16

Tragedy at restaurant in Shops at Walt Whitman

The manager of Legal Seafood, Steven Nelson, 55, died of carbon monoxide inhalation, and 27 other people were sickened Saturday, Feb. 22, 2014, at the restaurant in the Shops at Walt Whitman mall. Suffolk County police said. Investigators have tracked the fumes to a faulty pipe in a hot water heater.

The best of Newsday every day in your inbox. Get the Newsday Now newsletter!

Comments

Newsday.com now uses Facebook for our comment boards. Please read our guidelines and connect your Facebook account to comment.