Top runners' favorite shoes
Whether you're a marathon runner or just starting out, wearing the right sneakers is key before you hit the track.
We asked some of the best runners from the 2010 to 2012 Long Island Marathons for their top running shoe recommendations.
Dan and Shaun McGrath, speedy brothers from Lynbrook who are both past winners, said they prefer something lightweight but with enough support to run serious distances. Lindsey Block of Huntington's feet felt free as she finished before every other woman in 2012 in her non-constricting Brooks Green Silence shoes.
Check out their recommendations and the picks of other men and women who have been among the first to cross the finish line.
-- Nina Ruggiero
- | View all
User rating:(1) Click to rate
More in Long Island
- Friends Academy at the state tournament
- St. Patrick's Day celebrations on LI
- LI car accidents
- St. Baldrick's: Going bald for a cure
- LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs
- LI's cheerleading and kickline teams
- De Blasio selfie, other top photos
- Prom dresses, spring styles, 10 sales this weekend
- 19 LIers spill on their favorite beers
- 41 signs you're from Nassau
- Friends Academy at the state tournament 125 celebs from LI
- St. Patrick's Day celebrations on LI LI car accidents
- St. Baldrick's: Going bald for a cure LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs
- LI's cheerleading and kickline teams De Blasio selfie, other top photos
- New York City parties The fall and rise of St. John's basketball
- 19 LIers spill on their favorite beers 41 signs you're from Nassau
- Potholes across LI Divergent premiere
- LI notable deaths St. Patrick's Day goes to the dogs
- CHSAA state Class AA final: St. Anthony's vs. Nazareth Long Island Class AA final: Farmingdale vs. Brentwood
- Coram man charged in uncle's death Kellenberg in the CHSAA state 'A' final
- LI Class A final: Glenn vs. VSS Southeast Regional 'C' final: Friends vs. Haldane
- CHSAA state semifinal: Holy Trinity vs. Buffalo Nichols Southeast Regional 'B' final: Hampton Bays vs. Woodlands