Top runners' favorite shoes
Whether you're a marathon runner or just starting out, wearing the right sneakers is key before you hit the track.
We asked some of the best runners from the 2010 to 2012 Long Island Marathons for their top running shoe recommendations.
Dan and Shaun McGrath, speedy brothers from Lynbrook who are both past winners, said they prefer something lightweight but with enough support to run serious distances. Lindsey Block of Huntington's feet felt free as she finished before every other woman in 2012 in her non-constricting Brooks Green Silence shoes.
Check out their recommendations and the picks of other men and women who have been among the first to cross the finish line.
-- Nina Ruggiero
- | View all
User rating:(1) Click to rate
More in Long Island
- Long Island and New York City's top photos LI car accidents
- LI notable deaths LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs
- St. Baldrick's: Going bald for a cure St. Patrick's Day goes to the dogs
- St. Patrick's Day celebrations around Long Island CHSAA state Class AA final: St. Anthony's vs. Nazareth
- Long Island Class AA final: Farmingdale vs. Brentwood Coram man charged in uncle's death
- Kellenberg in the CHSAA state 'A' final LI Class A final: Glenn vs. VSS
- Southeast Regional 'C' final: Friends vs. Haldane CHSAA state semifinal: Holy Trinity vs. Buffalo Nichols
- Southeast Regional 'B' final: Hampton Bays vs. Woodlands Shelter Island in the Southeast Regional final
- 40 signs you're from Nassau 23 pets waiting for adoption on LI
- Southampton at the Southeast Regional final CHSAA state 'A' semi: Kellenberg vs. Kennedy Catholic
- LI Class AA final: Sachem East vs. Baldwin LI Class A final: Harborfields vs. North Shore
- CHSAA state AA semis: St. Anthony's vs. St. Mary's Friends Academy in the Southeast Regional final