BloggersDavid Reich-Hale Denise M. Bonilla Sophia Chang Tara Conry Carl Corry Erin Geismar Scott Eidler Mackenzie Issler Carl MacGowan Deborah S. Morris Ted Phillips Candice Ruud Nicholas Spangler Joshua Stewart
North Hempstead to host safe drug disposal event
The Town of North Hempstead and the Nassau County district attorney’s office are teaming up with area school districts this fall to give town residents a safe place to dispose of unwanted pharmaceutical drugs.
On select days starting in September, residents can bring prescription and over-the-counter drugs to locations throughout the town.
The program also aims to keep the drugs out of the region’s drinking water.
The Stop Throwing Out Pollutants events will be held on:
- Sept. 7, from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Tully Park, 1801 Evergreen Ave., New Hyde Park.
- Sept. 21, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at New Hyde Park Memorial High School, 500 Leonard Blvd., New Hyde Park.
- Sept. 28, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Herricks Community Center, 999 Herricks Rd., New Hyde Park.
- Oct. 5, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Carle Place Middle and High School, 168 Cherry Lane, Carle Place.
- Oct. 5, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Sousa Elementary, 101 Sands Point Rd., Port Washington.
- Oct. 19, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at The Wheatley School, 11 Bacon Rd., Old Westbury.
- Oct. 26, from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Manhasset Park District lot on Manhasset Avenue, across from Manhasset High School.
- Oct. 26, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at JFK Elementary, 1A Grassfield Rd., Great Neck.
- Nov. 3, from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at North Hempstead Beach Park, 175 W. Shore Rd., Port Washington.
Tags: North Hempstead