Mattituck, on the North Fork, is a hamlet in the Town of Southold. It is 10.2 square miles in size, home to 4,219 residents and known for its annual Strawberry Festival.
A view of Pike Street and Westphalia Avenue around 1905.
A crowd gathered on Love Lane to watch an entertainer and his pet monkey perform in front of the Gildersleeve Brothers Store around 1895.
Library Hall was built in 1905 and donated to Mattituck by resident Frank Lupton.
A photo of Love Lane around 1910 shows Mattituck House, one of the most popular hotels in the area located at the corner of Love Lane and Pike Street.
In 1892, a post office was built on the corner of Love Lane and Pike Street. It was moved around Love Lane several times.
From 1910 to 1932, Harry DePetris and his wife operated a fruit store and ice cream parlor on Love Lane.
Love Lane is a short commercial block in the heart of Mattituck Village that connects Sound Avenue to Main Road. (Jan. 3, 2012)
The Mattituck-Laurel Historical Society maintains a group of historic buildings as a museum on Main Road in Mattituck. (Jan. 10, 2011)
The Church of the Redeemer, an episcopal church, is located on Sound Avenue in Mattituck. (Jan. 3, 2012)
The Mattituck Presbyterian Church is on Sound Avenue in Mattituck. (Jan. 3, 2012)
The Mattituck Post Office is on Love Lane. (Jan. 3, 2012)
The Mattituck Community Theatre has been operating out of its Sound Avenue building for more than 50 years and is winding down a fundraising campaign to purchase the building. (Jan. 3, 2012)
The Mattituck Fire Department was formed in 1907 with 48 members. The department is on Pike Street. (Jan. 3, 2012)
A memorial for local veterans stands on the lawn of the American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars post in Mattituck. (Jan. 3, 2012)
A view of the Mattituck Inlet from Wickham Avenue. (Jan. 3, 2012)