Upload Photo
The First Presbyterian Church of Southold on Main
Caption / Share

The First Presbyterian Church of Southold on Main Street has an adjoining graveyard with headstones dating back to 1672. The original church was founded in 1640 as the First Church of Christ in Southold; it became known as the First Presbyterian Church of Southold in 1832. (Feb. 16, 2011)(Credit: Erin Geismar)

1 of 19

Share this photo

Southold photos

The waterfront community of Southold, settled in 1640, is a hamlet of the town of Southold and has a population of about 5,500. Located on the North Fork, visitors and residents of Southold have access to both the Long Island Sound and the Peconic Bay, and the hamlet is home to eight vineyards along Route 25.