Upload Photo
An annex to the Southside Sportsmen's Club in
Caption / Share

An annex to the Southside Sportsmen's Club in Great River, founded in 1866, was built by several members for their stays there. (Aug. 3, 2011)(Credit: Carl Corry)

1 of 6

Share this photo

The Southside Sportsmen's Club

The Southside Sportsmen’s Club in Great River, founded in 1866, was a private getaway for the wealthy men that offered hunting and freshwater fishing right off the Connetquot River until 1973. It is in the Connetquot River State Park Preserve and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.