PA: Bomb threat probe at Kennedy turns up nothing

Travel deals

Authorities investigated a reported bomb threat to an airliner at Kennedy Airport on Monday, but said passengers had already deplaned by the time the call was received.

The threat involved a flight from Saudi Arabia, according to Port Authority spokesman Ron Marsico. He said the flight landed at Kennedy at about 11:45 a.m. -- but had already deplaned when the threat was received by authorities.

A search of the plane turned up nothing, Marsico said.

There have been at least three confirmed reports of threats against planes at Kennedy within the past week, though no devices have been detected by authorities.

advertisement | advertise on newsday

Newsday on social media

@Newsday

advertisement | advertise on newsday