"Injuries like soldiers' in war"
Trauma surgeon Dr. Babak Sarani says Boston bombing victims have injuries like soldiers attacked with an IED. He says doctors must quickly stop bleeding, clear wounds from blown-off limbs and decide which extremities can be saved. AP video. (April 16)
- Long Islanders encouraged to travel car-free Monday Roosevelt Field is getting bigger
- Officials blast judge's decision to suspend Fire Island dune project Fantasy football: Inside draft day
- Public hearing held on preserving striped bass population Oyster Bay Cove home has Walt Whitman link
- Girl in stroller hit on parkway in Shirley Jets’ Mornhinweg takes timeout blame
- Mets play wheelchair baseball in Albertson WTC first responders exhibit PTSD-respiratory disease link
- Hempstead parade celebrates heritage of Central Americans Residents decry airplane traffic, pollution