Top runners' favorite shoes
Whether you're a marathon runner or just starting out, wearing the right sneakers is key before you hit the track.
We asked some of the best runners from the 2010 to 2012 Long Island Marathons for their top running shoe recommendations.
Dan and Shaun McGrath, speedy brothers from Lynbrook who are both past winners, said they prefer something lightweight but with enough support to run serious distances. Lindsey Block of Huntington's feet felt free as she finished before every other woman in 2012 in her non-constricting Brooks Green Silence shoes.
Check out their recommendations and the picks of other men and women who have been among the first to cross the finish line.
-- Nina Ruggiero
More in Health
- Dropping LBs: LIers before and after weight-loss stories Graduate from your basic blender with these models
- Cardio classes to take this spring Work on that beach body with these classes
- The 411 on foam rollers 5 health foods that aren't healthy
- 6 at-home gym essentials for your tiny NYC apartment Assisted-living facility evacuated, officials say
- Celeb cancer patients Five tasty ways to keep the flu at bay, courtesy of NYC chefs
- Marlise Munoz life support case