Get the inside scoop on all things kids and parenting on Long Island.
BloggersJennifer Berger Valerie Kellogg Beth Whitehouse Leema Thomas Patrick Whittle
Fourth of July patriotic ice pops
Happy Fourth of July! In honor of this festive holiday, cool off with these frozen, family-friendly treats, courtesy of Spoonful.com, a Disney website featuring thousands of crafts, recipes and more.
— 2 cups blue Powerade, Gatorade, or Kool-Aid
— 12 5-ounce disposable cups
— 1 cup frozen whipped topping
— 1 cup vanilla yogurt
— 12 craft sticks
— 2 cups cran-raspberry juice
1. To make the pops, equally divide the blue juice among the plastic cups, then place the cups in the freezer until juice is partially frozen, about 30 to 45 minutes.
2. Mix together whipped topping and yogurt, and divide this mixture among the cups.
3. Set a craft stick in the center of each pop and return the cups to the freezer for about 45 minutes.
4. For the final layer, add the cran-raspberry juice to the cups and place them in the freezer until solid.
5. To remove the pops, run warm water over the outside of each cup.