Readers get creative with funky manicures
Break out the bright polish and bring on the glitter, because the hottest nails right now are anything but neutral. While for some a fresh manicure is about looking neat and polished, for others it's more about having fun.
Nails have become mini-canvases for popular fashion trends, from neon and ombre to color blocking and animal prints. With artistic skills and a steady hand at their disposal (or a really artistic manicurist), many even opt for intricate designs inspired by their favorite movies, holidays and designer brands.
We asked readers to send us their most creative designs, all of which prove that since matching is no longer part of the criteria, 10 fingers equal endless possibilities.
PHOTOS: Meet the artists behind the nails
VOTE: Celebs' wild nails
SHARE: Show us your best manicures
- | View all
Be the first to rate:Click to rate
More in Nation/World
- LI notable deaths LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs
- NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg through the years Andrew Cuomo through the years
- President Barack Obama See what 19 LIers won on 'Wheel of Fortune' so far
- 37 famous LIers' favorite hometown places Molloy College Class of 2013 graduates
- New York City parties College graduations on LI
- NYIT graduation 2013 SUNY College at Old Westbury graduation
- Farmingdale State College graduation Wake held for Hofstra's Andrea Rebello
- Suffolk County Community College graduation Hofstra University graduation 2013
- Adelphi graduation 2013 U.S. Army generals from LI
- Briarcliffe College Class of 2013 graduates Long Island school event photos
- Dowling College class of 2013 graduates Field of Wheels 2013
- Hometown heroes Annie Park