101 movies filmed in Westchester
It didn’t take long for Hollywood to find the Hudson Valley fit for film. And once a 1918 “Tarzan” film set up the lights, cameras and action in Croton, cinematic magic would continue to find its way to Westchester County.
Along the way, Westchester itself has done some of the acting. Shockingly, “The Departed,” the 2006 Academy Award winner for best picture famous for its Boston setting, had some sequences filmed in the Westchester County Courthouse in White Plains. Wicked crazy!
In alphabetical order, here are 101 of the critical darlings, big blockbusters and forgotten flicks to find cinematic glory in Westchester County since 1981.
-Compiled by Chris Serico
- | View all
User rating:(1) Click to rate
More in New York City
- Recent LI mug shots Your pet photos
- LI notable deaths NYC's St. Patrick's Day parade 2014
- LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs 34 LIers spill on their favorite beers
- Long Island and New York City's top photos St. Patrick's Day celebrations on LI
- St. Patrick's Day goes to the dogs New York City Half Marathon 2014
- CHSAA Class A state final: Holy Trinity vs. Xavier State Class AA semifinal: Brentwood vs. Green Tech
- State Class A semifinal: Glenn vs. Scotia-Glenville State Class AA semis: Baldwin vs. CNS
- State Class A semifinal: Harborfields vs. Jamesville-Dewitt Friends Academy at the state tournament
- Notable Long Island celebs LI car accidents
- St. Baldrick's: Going bald for a cure LI's cheerleading and kickline teams
- New York City parties The fall and rise of St. John's basketball
- 41 signs you're from Nassau Potholes across LI