101 movies filmed in Westchester
It didn’t take long for Hollywood to find the Hudson Valley fit for film. And once a 1918 “Tarzan” film set up the lights, cameras and action in Croton, cinematic magic would continue to find its way to Westchester County.
Along the way, Westchester itself has done some of the acting. Shockingly, “The Departed,” the 2006 Academy Award winner for best picture famous for its Boston setting, had some sequences filmed in the Westchester County Courthouse in White Plains. Wicked crazy!
In alphabetical order, here are 101 of the critical darlings, big blockbusters and forgotten flicks to find cinematic glory in Westchester County since 1981.
-Compiled by Chris Serico
More in New York City
- Long Island and New York City's top photos
- Mourners pay respects to fallen NYPD officer
- Coney Island rebuilds, reopens after 17 months
- New York City parties
- Who's ringing stock exchanges' bells?
- Miley Cyrus and more rock the Barclays
- Jones Beach acts of 2014
- Mets Opening Day 2014
- Greek Independence Day Parade 2014
- NYC carriage horses
- LI people on the move! Promotions, new jobs LI car accidents
- Long Island and New York City's top photos Recent LI mug shots
- This week's Class AA baseball team rankings Long Island on 'The Ultimate Fighter'
- Buried on Long Island Suffolk Boys Basketball Awards Dinner
- Suffolks Wrestling Awards Dinner Nassau Wrestling Coaches Awards Dinner
- LI notable deaths Mourners pay respects to fallen NYPD officer
- 101 new stores on LI Extreme Easter bonnets on Long Island, NYC
- Long Island rich cribs Way to Go kids
- Civilians learn police technique Coney Island rebuilds, reopens after 17 months
- Run or Dye 5K in Uniondale LI Easter egg hunts 2014
- Guess who: LI celebrity yearbook photos Animal abuse cases on Long Island
- Pets waiting for adoption on LI Places we loved on Long Island